Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Ft. Gordon Marine Mud Challenge 2012
Fort Gordon, United States
The 5 mile course will be a challenging off-road route with numerous obstacles, a stream crossing, hills and of course MUD! Old clothes and shoes are recommended (hint: pockets will fill up and pants without draw strings will come off). Bringing a change of clothes is highly advised.
The competitive categories are reserved for athletes legitimately in it to win it that can run the entire 5 mile course.
All team members will register at the same time.
Every team will be timed using electronic timing.
Must be 13 years of age or older to enter and one team member must be over 18.
A miniature version of our course is available for the younger ones that don't want to miss out on the fun (ages 5-12). Please register your children online. This "mini" Mud Challenge for children ages 5-12. Start times are every 10 minutes between 8:00-8:40 and are assigned at check-in on race day. Marines will be all along the course helping out but parents are welcome to usher their children along also.
- People without proper DOD identification must enter through Gate 1 and receive a vistors pass prior to entry.
- All vehicle occupants over age 16 must show valid picture ID at Fort Gordon gates.
- To ensure a timely arrival at the event, please allow at least 30 minutes to enter Fort Gordon gates due to security procedures.
Become a fan and get up to the minute information about the Marine Mud Challenge on our Facebook page! It's a great way to find a teammate, get in touch with other participants, and check out some pictures from past events.
- All race participants registered prior to May 4, 2012 will receive an event t-shirt
- All participants will receive an event medal
- Top three teams in each competitive category will receive individual awards
- Top three competitive paramilitary teams will be awarded a team trophy
- Free parking in vicinity of race start
- Insurance will not be provided. The U.S. Army will not be held responsible for any damage, loss, or injury.
- Wash down and changing facilities will be available.
- Hotels are located 4 to 5 miles from Gate 1 on Gordon Highway, Bobby Jones Expressway and Jimmy Dyess Parkway.
The DPW has placed restrictions on contact with surface water in the vicinity of the Mud Challenge course. For your safety, do not enter any water that is not part of the event.
- Approximate team start times will be posted on the Ft. Gordon MWR site and on our Facebook page!
- Award ceremony will be held at NOON for all those registering for a competitive category.
- All team members must complete all obstacles
- All team members must cross finish line together
- Water will be available during and after event.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.